Saturday, April 12, 2008

Left Off

Well, let's just see where I left off, shall we? We were going to go to the museum on Tues, but when we realized that it was costly per person, we decided, "who needs to see a bunch of old stuff, anyway?" and just headed for the zoo. Saw all sorts of wonderful animals. I love zoo's. Not quite the same as seeing them in the wild in Africa, but I still really, REALLY enjoyed it! Came home for dinner, then crashed.

Wednesday, we did a tour of the Houston Boat Channel. Now, few facts. First of all, Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. Wow. Also, it's 50 miles inland, but one of the largest ports in the U.S. We weren't allowed to take pictures, but it was still cool to go down and see the different HUGE ships, and the various companies in business there. That night, we went by Pappacito's, and had some of the most delicious Tex-Mex I'd ever had. Shrimp fajitas, and WOW. Slurp. Yumm!!!

Thursday was Zone Conference, so we went to help feed hungry missionaries. That afternoon, we rode North about an hour, and viewed the amazing Blue Bonnets and Paintbrush flowers. Came home, and Mom and I went to feed ducks, while Dad picked up dinner . . . Good 'ole Texas Barbecue. Do you get the idea I ate well??

Friday was go home day. Got up, packed, and Mom and Dad had a surprise for me. They had arranged for us to go tour/play with the Houston FD at the airport, and see their toys. Big toys. Awesomely big (and expensive!) toys. Quite a treat to tour and see someone else's facility. He even took us out and showed us how the remote hose and everything worked. Ok, so not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it! We visited some more, and then I flew. Houston to Atlanta, Atlanta to Philadelphia, Philadelphia to Roanoke. And, you know what? What a shocker . . . I'm missing a bag. But, it's all good. They turn up, right? RIGHT?

Today, I got up, unpacked, relaxed, walked Britney, then went to the Race Track. I didn't do very much, but I really enjoyed just sitting back, playing with the kids, and just being back to my own life. Tomorrow promises to be nice and relaxing, and then it'll be back to work. As much as I enjoyed visiting, I'm ready to be back to normal!
Sidney had my car while I was gone, and the kid worked miracles! New brakes, dents hammered out, new power steering, all sorts of little "fixes" that needed to happen. Sidney, you are amazing . . . simply amazing!!!