CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Closer and closer

To next weekend I come! I'm looking forward to getting away and seeing something new and different. (Did I mention the mall in Concord? Yeah baby!) This weekend was good, as usual. We rained out of the Drag Strip Friday night, so I found myself in the unusual position of a clean house, no laundry, too wet to walk the dog, and no where to go! I plopped down on the couch and had a marathon TV session. It was awesome! Saturday I got up and made cinnamon twists for me and Britney, then headed up to the track. The other girl was there to do the computer, so they just wanted to announce. It was fun, because for once I wasn't so focused on getting dials/etc. right, I was focused on the race and who the drivers were. I really had a good time! I had forgotten how much fun those guys are. I think I said that before, but I was reminded of it this weekend. It's nice to be back!

I also helped the NBS Auxiliary with a trash pick up. Lots of beer cans, but otherwise, the road wasn't all that bad. We had food before hand, and since I had REALLY been craving fried chicken, it really hit the spot. I tried to talk B. into coming and bringing the kids but he said he was more interested in having a "lazy" day. I think he has figured out the trick to getting me to come out there and visit though . . . it's called a wood stove and HEAT! I absolutely hate being cold, but I hate more seeing my electric bill go sky high! All in all, a great weekend.

Tonight I have Skills Drill for the rescue squad. I'm really wondering why I'm keeping my ALS certification. I haven't cracked a box in ages, since the worst calls I seem to get are "I stubbed my toe, take me to the ER". It's such a pain in the neck, esp. for something that I can't keep my skills up on. And really, they keep taking drugs and skills FROM the Enhanced, so I'm barely above an EMT-B now. Who knows. IV's are great and all, but if I don't get regular practice, then when it really counts, I'm afraid I'm not going to get the stick. Still, I worked really hard to get that certification, I hate to just let it walk . . .

Tomorrow night is our squad meeting (and Andi's Birthday!), and then Wed. night I have Scouts. Thursday is cleaning, and then Friday, company! I'm so excited! If I get to feeling really froggy one day this week, there might be some homemade cinnamon rolls, but shhhh, don't tell Stacey, ok?

0 comments: