CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back Online

Well, kind of, anyway. From what I hear, my computer is fixed, but I won't get it back until this weekend.

This weekend I had the best experience. The NBS Auxiliary went to a local home for boys. The Auxiliary sponsors one of the cottages for Christmas, and we went up to judge the Christmas decorations of each cabin. I was so impressed with their works with these kids. At dinner, I haven't seen manners like that in years. The boys stood when ladies came to the table (wait . . . were there ladies there?? Just us girls!), shook hands, thanked us for coming, whoa. But, the best part was this one kid. He sat there and seemed to have an attitude of, "I'm here, but only because I don't have a choice about it." Trying to have a conversation with him was like pulling teeth. Finally I asked him how he ended up here in Virginia, and he said that he used to live in UT. Ah ha! Where in Utah, and it turns out I knew the area. From there it was like the floodgates opened. When we got back to the cottage, he wanted to share his pictures with me. I so enjoyed getting to meet him and spend time with him. So far, it's been the highlight of my Christmas season. I'm sure there is an upcoming event that I'm not going to talk about that's going to upstage it, but I'll let you know, after it happens!

Sunday was L's birthday party, and man, the girl cleaned up! I loved getting invited, and the food, oh . . . wow. This is why K's house is one of my most favorite places to eat!

That night I went with Heather to see "Twilight". I've read all the books, I'm totally in love with Edward, and I wanted to see if the movie measured up. Note to self: Movies never measure up. The first time I saw Edward, I was all, 'That's him?' But, by the end, I was all, 'hello, Edward!' In a nutshell, if you haven't read the book, you miss waaayyyy too much. Still, if they make 3 more, I'll be there for all three!

0 comments: