CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Fragments

It's that time of week again! Friday Fragments, from Half Past Kissin' Time! I love this, since I can come up with a couple of sentences about just about anything. Hey, I even took notes this week!
****************************************************
Let's see. Monday when I came in, we had no computers at work. Nothing. Nada. Makes it really hard to be productive when nothing will work! Still, I had busted my tail and made cinnamon rolls for Stacey's birthday. Happy Quarter of a Century, Stacey! Even if you did call me names later . . .
****************************************************
That same Monday, we needed a document printed. Since, no computers, one of my co-workers asked me to help her with the typewriter. She didn't know how to make it work! Since when did typewriters go out of fashion? The best part was when she needed to put in a dollar amount, and she looked perplexed. "Where are the numbers?" For the record, this was NOT Stacey having issues!
****************************************************
We have got the most beautiful Poinsettia's here at work. Some of them are even yellow/red speckled, and I love them. I think they really set off the decorations and complete the look. Ah, Poinsettia, you complete me. No, not really, but . . .
****************************************************
Cub Scouts got cancelled this week due to numerous illnesses. Cindy didn't have to/get to do Britney duty. And the worst part? I think Britney is suffering Cindy withdrawal!!!
****************************************************
Last night I put the almost-finishing touches on the homemade Christmas Ornaments that I'm making. I'm really pleased that they turned out like they did. I was worried that they wouldn't form right, but they seem to be doing well. I'm even going to have to keep a couple for myself! I'm not normally a crafty person, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief!
****************************************************
One of the presents I'm most excited to be giving is coming up very quickly. I'm not going to say much more here, since I'm afraid it would let the cat out of the bag, but I'll be sure to report back! Plotting is so much fun . . .
****************************************************
This morning I didn't have to be to work until later, so I decided to walk Britney early. She went nuts! It was so much fun to see how excited she was, and she really seemed to enjoy our walk much more than usual. I guess things out of the routine can be good for person AND puppy!
****************************************************
This weekend: Christmas lights tonight, Christmas Boxes tomorrow, computer back tomorrow evening, and then Sunday is Sunday. Whew. I'll almost be glad when Christmas is over!!!
****************************************************

3 comments:

kel said...

visiting from Friday Fragments! Love your blog! I gotta say, I am waiting for christmas to be over an done with this year!

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds like you have a very ambitious weekend planned! I love it when the power goes out and we lose all technology at home; it's so nice and QUIET! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Hmmmm... I might do that one of these Fridays!

I wanted to pop over and wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!