CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday

I love January and February. I think it's because life s l o w s way down and I have some time to myself to be able to breathe! This weekend, I had Friday night to myself, and then Saturday was dinner at Annette's. See, they got smart about Christmas. Rather than argue over whose house to spend Christmas with, they do their dinner the first Saturday AFTER the holiday. Brilliant, right? And then Sunday was all for me! I got my house clean, and muffins baked! Saturday I even got the inside of the car all armor-all'd and the inside windows cleaned.

Yesterday morning I was going to do some blogging, when my computer desk decided to collapse, nearly squishing me in the process! That's ok, because Dad had a creative solution, Boss man had some spare bricks, and now all is well.

Oh, and I am back on the wagon again. I'm going to get things into shape this next year! No more Dr Pepper (this will be the hardest!), and I'm cutting waaayyy back on carbs. I did really well following a weight-watchers-esq diet, and I'm going to do it again! I remember how great it felt to be running every night, and last night, I did my first speed walking session in a LONG time. The other benefit? Britney slept like a ROCK! So, going forward I'm sure you'll hear alot about the creative/healthy meals I come up with, even though some of them are a bit . . . strange. I need accountability people, so help me out, ok? Yes, Cindy, you can yell at me again. I need it. As soon as the gym gets regular hours when school gets back in, I'm going to start back there, too, for strength training.

The funny thing is, I knew that once I was ready, I'd be in this thing gung ho. It wasn't something that LifeForce could push me into, or that anyone could guilt me into. I just had to decide that it was time for me. I know I've had some issues over the past year and a half, and I've dealt with them. Saying good bye shouldn't be that hard!! I think I was way more emotionally vested than even I wanted to realize. The past is the past though, and I am moving on, baby!!!
Speaking of moving on, I better get to it so I'm not late for work. 1 more day in '08!

1 comments:

Susan said...

I need to get back on the wagon too. I was doing real good on the treadmill until my pipes burst and it's been one disaster after another and I just haven't had the time. I could have got on last night but I am so sore right now. I'm not sure if it is from playing the Wii too much or from sharing a bed with J for 5 days in a row! I need my space back!