CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Fragments, Christmas Edition

What a week this has been! This is a variation of Friday Fragments. Monday, at work, was our 2nd annual Cookie exchange. We had TONS of cookies, and I have to say that Cindy's have been a hit. She stuck a Popsicle stick in a mini-milky way, and then put a ball of sugar cookie dough around it and baked it. Y u m m y! I have taken pictures, but they'll have to wait, since they are on my 'puter at home. That night we had our office Christmas dinner, and as always, we had a great time. It's always fun to get away from work and let loose a little bit. And, the prime rib didn't hurt, either!

Tuesday I was supposed to go shopping with B., but he ended up going with his Mom instead. I left work early, and went home and felt sorry for myself. This head cold is tough stuff! Wednesday was one of the highlights of the holiday season, dinner at the R. house. Food? Oh my word. There was shrimp, meatballs, hot spinach dip, cold spinach dip, veggie trays, ham, Mexican dip, cheese ball, and an assortment of desserts. Like she said, if you left hungry, it was your own fault! The best part was spending time with friends who are like family to me. K. and L. got me a beautiful, soft, luxurious flannel sheet set, and the R's, gave me a slow cooker! She laughed at me, but I had been wanting something big enough to roast a chicken in!! We laughed and laughed when B. opened his gift - a beard trimmer! I saw it yesterday though, and it's charging . . . we'll see if it gets used! He then dropped the bombshell that I was to be at his mother's house at 1 the next day . . . the first time I've been there!

Sunday I was **so pleased** (note the sarcasm!) to start getting text messages while I was still in bed! I loved the messages, but I need a Do Not Disturb on my phone! Got up, walked Britney, and cleaned my house. I then headed over to B's house. The kids had just gotten home from their Mama's, and I got to be there while they opened presents. I don't think I ever realized how much fun it is to watch kids like that! I got such a laugh out of, "Oooohh, coool!!!!! . . . . . What is it?" Awesome. B. also gave me a Crock Pot! I didn't realize I was putting out so many cooking vibes, but I was really excited about both of them. I opened my present from Sharon, Mom's cousin. Oooh, and aaahh. She is SOO crafty, and I can't wait to get a picture posted of what she did . . . . it's unreal how talented she is! It's a quilted square/wall hanging of a nativity set, and it's stunning! After more presents at his Mom's, and then dinner, I came home. Got in bed at a reasonable time, and am working today. Tomorrow will be dinner with Annette's family, and then it's back to life as normal. I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve, as I'll get to be out partying with the best of friends, again. An awesome holiday season!

1 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Sounds like a busy, fun, happy day! Merry Christmas to you, too! I hope your workday flies by and that you are feeling well again soon.