CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Writing Assignment

And again, I'm participating with Mama Kat this week . . . I love her blog, and she just found out her daughter is allergic to all sorts of stuff. Same thing my best friend has discovered she's allergic to. Wheat. How do you deal with that? Do you KNOW that almost everything I eat has wheat in it? And, my friend is also lactose intolerant. So, no dairy, no gluten. Y i k e s.

Anyway, on to the assignment. Worst dentist experience ever.

HA! As soon as I saw that, I knew I had to write about it. Not that it's long, and drawn out, or anything. I was seeing one dentist. I had a problem with a tooth. It needed a root canal. And then a crown. Not fun procedures, but not the end of the world, right? Except, when I went in to have the temporary put on, he mashed it up in there, and my friend drove me home. We got about 1/2 way to my house, and it fell out. So, we went back, and he put it in again. Then, the permanent crown came, and I got that put in. It lasted a week. After numerous (15+) trips back to get it put in again, and again, and again, I've given up. Fixodent puts the thing in and holds it there. The tooth on the other side had the same problem about the same time, but he told me that one didn't need a crown, just a filling. That filling broke. Then the whole tooth came off at the gum line. Now that I've consulted another dentist, it turns out that the root canals on BOTH teeth were not done completely/properly, and I get to have them done . . . again. And, the crown on the one side needs to be redone. Now, the best option is to have implants done. To the tune of about $6000. So every morning, I fix the crown on the left, and "build" a tooth out of orthodontal wax for the right. It's worked, until I get get the pennies saved to get the work done. Donations are happily accepted, if you're feeling the love!

1 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Yikes what a story, are you in pain?